• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On trial for larceny, but was never arrested...confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jaysgirl

My boyfriend was questioned by the police about a missing deposit from a store he used to work at. But he didn't steal it. A month or so later, he got a letter to appear in court for an arraignment. He went this morning, and they assigned him counsel and gave him a date for a pre-trial! But he was never arrested! I thought you had to be arrrested to be charged with something and go to trial. I'm confused. Also, what does 'indigency determination' and 'indigent' mean? Sorry if that's a dumb question, we're just really clueless about this court stuff, and scared!!! We can't believe this is even happening! I appreciate any advice any of you have for me! Thank you! (P.S. We live in CT, but the store he worked at was in MA, and he goes to the MA court.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">