• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restaurant owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisasagebella

az i just opened a restaurant in march i got an llc and state tax # i had someon help with the startup costs i have paid them back for everything he now thinks hes half owner of my business we never had anything in writing what should i do i need to fire him but how

justalayman

I presume his name is not included in the LLC filing not associated with the tax id#, correct?

contracts do not necessarily have to be in writing. If there was a verbal contract, depending what it was, it may be quite enforceable. If there was no agreement at all and he is not included in any legal manner (LLC, tax registration, etc) simply tell him to go away. If he believes he has a right to something, he will likely sue you. Then the courts will decide who is correct.

Mass_Shyster

az i just opened a restaurant in march i got an llc and state tax # i had someon help with the startup costs i have paid them back for everything he now thinks hes half owner of my business we never had anything in writing what should i do i need to fire him but how
Tell him he is fired, and barred from the property. Send him a letter (Certified, return receipt requested) informing him that his presence in the restaurant is no longer welcome and presence will be considered trespassing.

If he shows up, call the police and ask them to arrest him for trespassing.

If he sues, contact an attorney.

HomeGuru

**A: if he was just an investor and got paid back, and not working there as an employee, then why do you need to fire him? If he is an employee, then fire him and ask that he not return to the premises. If he does return, call the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">