• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$3000 gift or loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rr0120

i live in new york....three years ago my former girlfriend gave me $3000..at the time she had come into a large sum of money and my car wasnt working..she offered to give me $3000 to fix it..at first i declined telling her i would never be able to pay it back...she then told me not to worry about repayment...she then issued me a certified check payable to the repair shop...over the past 3 years our relationship has always been it she was short on cash i would give it to her and vice versa..she has never mentioned the money until last month...at which time she asked me for money and i told her i didnt have any to give her..she said she needed to move and she doesnt have the money..now she suing me for the $3000 that she now calls a loan...does she have a case?? what can i do?? help

JETX

No one here can answer your question to a fact.

Very simply, if she can convince the court that the moneys were loans, you lose.

If she can't convinece the court, or you can show that they weren't loans, you win.

And only you know what evidence that she, or you, might have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">