• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SHADY DEAL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KATWMNKIM

I live in illinois, around valentines day i found a diamond tennis bracelet i wanted. i asked the jeweler if he had it he said no that he could get one from a salesman for me to take a look at. approx three wks later we got a call saying the bracelet was in. the one i wanted was 18k yellow gold, 4 carat bezel for 3800.00 gh in color. the sales lady presented us with a white gold bracelet, other than it being 14k and white gold it looked to be the one. she saaid she would talk to richard (the owner of the store) and let me know when a gold one would come in. we got a call from martha his sales clerk saying that before he would order the bracelet he needed money down. we just never called her back. two weeks later we get a call saying the bracelet is in. surprised we went to look at it. we were told it was 18k and 4 carats and that if i put 447.00 down i wouldn't have to pick up the bracelet until christmas of 2001. I had a jeweler friend go in to take a look at the bracelet and she discovered that it was 14k. i called the owner and was told that i would have to walk away from the money as this was a special order item and couldn't be cancelled. he is now trying to stall me by saying that he has to deal with the mfg. to see if he can give me an in store credit. I never told him to order that bracelet. on the sales receipt it says 18k even though it's 14k. i confronted him about that and he said it's also 4.11 carats and that wasn't on the bill. he's holding my money for the wrong bracelet and won't give it back. what can i legally do?

JETX

Take him to small claims court. It is clear that your 'ordered' 18K gold and he is trying to deliver 14K.

You might need to take your 'jeweler' friend with you to show that the bracelet he tried to deliver is not what the order (contract) says. As to his 'defense' that the diamond weight is larger than stated, as you well know, you don't order diamonds to a specific size. As long as the minimim is met, any 'overage' is to the account of the jeweler.

Get your money back and go to a 'reputable' jeweler.

K

KATWMNKIM

shady deal

just wanted to say Thank you. i appreciate your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">