• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jqy444

I'm in California and recently entered a contract with a business owner to do contract recruiting for his search firm. Our contract was for 2 months only and at the end of the two months we would decide if we wanted to continue. I have decided not to continue and he refuses to pay me! In fact, he hasn't returned my call for days (after attempting to reach him over 50 times!). I almost lost my apartment, due to this fact. I have bounced about 5 checks (including on to the IRS) and am in danger of getting my phone cut off (he has also agreed to pay for this as well.) It's obvious he's not going to pay me. What is the best way for me to proceed with legal action? Can I sue him personally, or does it have to be his company? We had a verbal agreement, every 2 weeks I have a wire transfer (documented) on my bank statements, I have a contract he has sent me (he never signed), and I have all email records that will support everything we've agreed on. PLUS: I have written all the content on the website, is there anyway I can ask him not to use my work and immediately remove it?
Can someone give me advise on this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">