• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retirement community cable laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sylvernight

I operate the in-house television station of a retirement community in San Diego, CA. We have had several requests to play movies on our station, but so far have only played those things which we videotaped ourselves (ie monthly resident association meetings). I have heard from several sources that we either are or are not required to obtain a license to broadcast copyrighted films, and am quite confused. One source referred me to title 9 of the 1994 cable laws, but I have been unable to find any information on these.

L

lawrat

You may be able to escape that requirement. But I would consult a cable law expert. Try http://www.attorneypages.com or a local law school copyright professor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">