• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partnership in Existing Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peterpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a few questions but first ill give you a little bit of what is happening.

I met a woman who has a company but she does everything herself. She is wanting to expand but can't do it without help. I have met a few times with her and she is wanting no monetary help, all she needs is someone to run the office while she sales. so my questions are the following.

1- How do I build a partnership with someone who alreayd is in business?

2- Should I open a LLC and her sign over 50% of the company to my company?

3- If there are old debts im not aware of is there any way when im doing the contract that i would only be liable for debts incurred from the date of signing and on?

4- Your advice on what I should do if none of the above can be done?

5- How would I draw my pay on what is left after paying all the bills, and would I have to open a business account under my new business or if your suggestion is to partner into her business do i need to have my own account also?

For now all i have are these questions, but if you can think of any troubles i might encounter and guide me it would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance this website is a lifesaver.

Peter

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a few questions but first ill give you a little bit of what is happening.

I met a woman who has a company but she does everything herself. She is wanting to expand but can't do it without help. I have met a few times with her and she is wanting no monetary help, all she needs is someone to run the office while she sales. so my questions are the following.

1- How do I build a partnership with someone who alreayd is in business?

2- Should I open a LLC and her sign over 50% of the company to my company?

3- If there are old debts im not aware of is there any way when im doing the contract that i would only be liable for debts incurred from the date of signing and on?

4- Your advice on what I should do if none of the above can be done?

5- How would I draw my pay on what is left after paying all the bills, and would I have to open a business account under my new business or if your suggestion is to partner into her business do i need to have my own account also?

For now all i have are these questions, but if you can think of any troubles i might encounter and guide me it would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance this website is a lifesaver.

Peter
**A: is the business a going concern, profitable and future profits looking positive? Why take the risk of being in partnership. Go on salary or IC with a contracted bonus compensation program.

peterpina

Yes she can afford a secretary but wants someone that will make this their baby persay. someone who will work hard as she has been adn will continue to. My question really lies in should i open my own company? if i do how do i legally obtain 50% of her company and will i be liable for debts before i bought in to the company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">