• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using LLC on Marketing Material But Not LLC Yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

improvinglives

Virginia-Can I put LLC behind a business name on advertising material even though I'm not? I probably won't be an LLC for another 3 mos., but I'd like to say I am now on marketing material so I don't have to reprint things. Can I do this?

improvinglives

Thanks for your responses. I'll just reprint my materials when the time comes.

But to answer the latter questions. I'm beginning a real estate investment business but I haven't done any deals yet and I didn't want to register for the LLC until I at least put one deal under my belt. I don't have the funds to spend on getting an LLC registered just yet, but I didn't want the lack of funds to hold me up from getting the ball rolling.

Thanks again for your feedback. Much appreciated.

HomeGuru

Virginia-Can I put LLC behind a business name on advertising material even though I'm not? I probably won't be an LLC for another 3 mos., but I'd like to say I am now on marketing material so I don't have to reprint things. Can I do this?
**A: yes you can but you cannot distribute said marketing materials until the LLC is registered.

justalayman

and this deal you are wanting to get under your belt would not be under the LLC either. It would be your deal, not the LLC's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">