• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not working out with my attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Curious

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I sent a project to my attorney to complete for a new business venture. I explained to him the urgency of the project (legal questions & creation of liability waivers) and that I needed the turnaround to be as quickly as possible. He asked for a retainer and a signed agreement before he could begin which I provided. After numerous emails, phone calls, and excuses about his computer system being down my project hasn't been completed a month later. Earlier this week actually asked me to email him the details again. This is holding up other developmental aspects for my venture and I needed this completed weeks ago and this just isn't working. Can I request to have my retainer monies pulled out of the trust and returned to me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">