• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false disclaimer by seller of home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

linda parr

Real Estate - Home problems not discolosted by seller to buyer.

I purchased a home in December 2000. Many problems within the house were concealed by the seller and missed by the home inspector I hired. I have had to hire service prople for plumbing repairs, roof repairs....etc. To make a long story short, I found termite damage in the walls of the house....no termites (yet)....just the damage they left behind. I had to have certain walls replaced and repaired. If I had known there was unrepaired termite damage, I would not have purchased the house. I have been trying to get a termite treatment report from the company that treated this house when the previouse owner lived there. I want to know when the termites were discovered, where in the house, and how they were treated. I also want to know what the previous owner knew of the damage because she did not disclose this information to me at settlement. It has been 3 weeks since I requested the report from the exterminator and they have not replied to my request. Do I have a case here and if so, who would be responsible. The whole probem is that I am in a house I would not have bought if I had known of this damage. I have made the repairs to damages I have found. I don't know what else may be yet undiscovered. I am getting ready to sell this house now that I have repaired the damage....I do not want to stay there. My real estate agent said I will lose about $20,000 by selling it now. Where do I stand at this point and what are my rights as a home buyer who trusted the home inpsector and seller?

L

linda parr

....how do I move this to a new forum as is suggested?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">