• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should i do with a corp that never made any money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Egosgame

Last year i Created a delaware corporation because i thought i would be needing it. Well i havent done anything with it. Havent made any money and havent filed any taxes.

Ive been getting notices now that it owes about $12000 (based on the number of shares issued i think.) there is no way i can pay this so im wondering what i should do. Can i dissolve it without paying the taxes?

HomeGuru

Last year i Created a delaware corporation because i thought i would be needing it. Well i havent done anything with it. Havent made any money and havent filed any taxes.

Ive been getting notices now that it owes about $12000 (based on the number of shares issued i think.) there is no way i can pay this so im wondering what i should do. Can i dissolve it without paying the taxes?
**A: why would you owe taxes if you did not make any money? Note: you did not file the required corporate IRS tax forms and got penalized.

davew128

**A: why would you owe taxes if you did not make any money? Note: you did not file the required corporate IRS tax forms and got penalized.
It's not an income tax, it's an excise tax from DE for forming a corp there and its based on the number of outstanding shares. The IRS has nothing to do with it....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">