• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Medic227

I am a Paramedic in California. In December of last year I injured my neck while at work. My injury involves disc herniation in the cervical spine. I have not missed work because of my injury, but continue to recieve treatment, and physical therapy. My doctor has scheduled me for therapy 4 days a week but my employer has told me that by me not being on modified duty they are not required to allow me to go to my appointments while on duty. They have told me that I can change my schedule to fit around my appointments, but that is all that they can do.
Is my employer required to let me go to the appointments while on duty?
It is my understanding that the laws concerning workers compensation universally cover all injured workers regardless of type of work. A factory worker working 8 hrs a day 5 days a week would have no option of changing his/her schedule. Am I required to do so ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">