• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Invasion of privacy, from my dad?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

samuelpeters

U.S.A. Law. Michigan. Kalamazoo County.

My dad just installed the OS 5 on my iPhone. With all the new perks of it, it has one severe disadvantage to it. It enables my parents to see me where ever I go. He's done stuff like this before, but never this severe. I am at the top of my class in acedemics, I go to church, I'm the president of my class, I've never broken the law before, and I don't hang out with bad people. He honestly has no precedant to invade my privacy like this. Do I have legal precedant to sue him to make him back off?

Antigone*

U.S.A. Law. Michigan. Kalamazoo County.

My dad just installed the OS 5 on my iPhone. With all the new perks of it, it has one severe disadvantage to it. It enables my parents to see me where ever I go. He's done stuff like this before, but never this severe. I am at the top of my class in acedemics, I go to church, I'm the president of my class, I've never broken the law before, and I don't hang out with bad people. He honestly has no precedant to invade my privacy like this. Do I have legal precedant to sue him to make him back off?
If you are under the legal age of majority in your state, your mom and dad own the air you breathe.

You know, you don't have to carry that phone.

Jendor

Unless you are going somewhere that you shouldn't, then you shouldn't worry that your parents can see where you are. At least they care enough about you to want to know where you are.

Also, if you have the money to "sue" your parents, don't you think the money would be better spent on getting your own phone and plan instead?

Perhaps OP is a troll?

Proserpina

Unless you are going somewhere that you shouldn't, then you shouldn't worry that your parents can see where you are. At least they care enough about you to want to know where you are.

Also, if you have the money to "sue" your parents, don't you think the money would be better spent on getting your own phone and plan instead?

Perhaps OP is a troll?

I honestly don't think so, Jendor.

I think it's just another kid with a bizarrely inflated sense of entitlement. We're getting more and more of them. And what's worse?

We're the ones to blame. Le sigh.

FarmerJ

If your under age you have choices , shut the phone off and leave it at home and only use landline at home for calls, prepay your own phone service like my 16 yr old nephew does via money he earns or give the phone your parents gave you back to them and thank them telling them you want to try life with out it. ( there really is life with out cell service being on and connected 24 7 , we leave our phones off until we must use them , I average 15 minutes use a month and my other half maybe 30 min in a month, both phones are pre paids)

Silverplum

I honestly don't think so, Jendor.

I think it's just another kid with a bizarrely inflated sense of entitlement. We're getting more and more of them. And what's worse?

We're the ones to blame. Le sigh.
You know me a bit...and so you know I am dead SMOKIN' serious when I say that I am most assuredly NOT part of the "We're the ones to blame" crowd.

Serious is as serious does.

:cool: ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">