• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to answer the door if an officer is knocking but no warrant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txbigredz71

If an officer knocks at my door and wants me to open it, can anything happen to me if I do not answer the door?
i.e. one night there was a party nextdoor and he came nextdoor to question me about it because he thought i was part of the party. He saw me in there and kept knocking until i answered. I got the short end of the stick thanks to him and was wondering, if it happens next time, if I have to answer the door?

M

marsie

dont open the door

in this time and days you dont have to open the door for anyone. anymore we dont even have to let our kis in if we dont want to. if thay have a warent thay can open the door anyway thay have to, but you never have to open a door if you dont want to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">