• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liability Waiver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JamJets

My question revolves around business insurance and how a liability waiver is looked upon in the legal setting. I’ve begun the initial research into a new business that I plan on opening sometime next year. After getting some initial research done I’m hitting a wall with getting insured.

The basic idea of my business is a self service auto repair shop. People would bring their own vehicles and use the shops resources to perform repairs/service on their vehicles. The shop space would include hydraulic lifts, engine hoists, oil, solvents, and other chemicals associated with an auto facility.

From some initial readings, I believe getting insurance at an acceptable rate is going to be very difficult. My first thoughts were to use a liability waiver to help with this, however from what I gather these waivers don’t hold up well in court, nor do they hold water for insurance companies.

Can anyone speak to these types of waivers, or point me in a direction so I can research it further?

FlyingRon

You'd best consult a lawyer.
Please note that a person can't waive someone else's right to sue.
A waiver will not stand up against your gross negligence.
If your poorly maintained lift drops a car on a guy and his widow decides to sue you're going to lose big time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">