• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business leases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

george overfiel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nebraskaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

When you purchase a business are you obligated to any equipment leases?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? nebraskaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

When you purchase a business are you obligated to any equipment leases?
**A: it would depend upon the language in the P/S or Buy Sell Agreement and various other factors including but not limited to the language in the specific equipment lease document.

LdiJ

One point to consider is that if you do not keep paying the leases, you won't get to keep the equipment.

davew128

**A: it would depend upon the language in the P/S or Buy Sell Agreement and various other factors including but not limited to the language in the specific equipment lease document.
If I buy the company's assets and not "Ownership" then I am most certainly not required to continue the lease. Seeing as how most business purchases are asset deals and not stock deals....

LdiJ

If I buy the company's assets and not "Ownership" then I am most certainly not required to continue the lease. Seeing as how most business purchases are asset deals and not stock deals....
True, but once again they would not be able to keep the equipment in question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">