• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son won't pay for car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davitm3

Georgia - I purchased a car for my son a few years ago. He agreed that he would make the monthly payments. However, he stopped making the payments four years ago and has since purchased two cars for himself. I did not want to let the car repo and have been struggling with the car payments ever since. I cannot afford to have a repossession on my credit but making the payments is sending me to the poorhouse. Can I sue him for the balance left on the car?

HomeGuru

If you still have title, go get the car back because the car is legally yours. If not, then by all means take the deadbeat to court. It is your fault because you were a weinie and let this drag on for 4 years without taking stronger action.
If it was me, that car would be sitting in my garage 30 days after getting no payment from son. If it was my mother, heck I'd give her an extra 30 days. Then, buy her a bus pass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">