• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company using images without permission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joeyku

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

I recently had an $11,000 stereo system installed in my car by a local audio company and there are using my car images on their website and their Facebook page without my consent. I've requested them to be removed because I don't want my car plastered all over the Internet for security reasons. They said they will not remove them. I need to know how I can make them take them down. My main concern is for security because I don't want my car broken into. I don't flaunt the system at all and I think if I don't want images displayed then I should have that right. Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

I recently had an $11,000 stereo system installed in my car by a local audio company and there are using my car images on their website and their Facebook page without my consent. I've requested them to be removed because I don't want my car plastered all over the Internet for security reasons. They said they will not remove them. I need to know how I can make them take them down. My main concern is for security because I don't want my car broken into. I don't flaunt the system at all and I think if I don't want images displayed then I should have that right. Thanks.
The exterior of your car is not "private." Sorry.

Joeyku

I understand that and wouldn't mind if it were only the exterior. However, they have a shot showing the installation which is in the car. The video shows the exterior, license plate and everything done to the interior! It even says "this is Joey's car" in the video! I've put a lot of time, effort and money to make my car a legit show car but I want to control the venue in which it's shown and not allow a company to just decide to let everyone, every where, know what's in my car.

OHRoadwarrior

Do you only take it to the a series of secret underground car shows, not open to the general public?

I understand that and wouldn't mind if it were only the exterior. However, they have a shot showing the installation which is in the car. The video shows the exterior, license plate and everything done to the interior! It even says "this is Joey's car" in the video! I've put a lot of time, effort and money to make my car a legit show car but I want to control the venue in which it's shown and not allow a company to just decide to let everyone, every where, know what's in my car.

Joeyku

I show the car at major car shows that are invitation only. Most of the events are open to the public and a few are industry only events. My issue is not people seeing the car it's simply being in full control over which venues it is displayed. Basically it comes down to this; I can be selective and show my car at only the reputable events that attract, for most part, upstanding people who will appreciate it and I can avoid the other types of shows. Having my car posted on their website and Facebook page takes some of that control away from me and allows anyone to view what I have done to my car. Not at all ok with that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">