• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Setting up a new business as LLC with partners in different state - Advice need

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

footballfan_gb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I live in Minnesota and I have a friend that lives in WI. We are both interested in setting up a consulting business and have some clients that are ready to sign up? We were wondering how we setup this entity as he lives in a different state than I do. Along with this, I have plans to move to Chicago,IL in 6 months as that's where we want to setup our office finally and hire additional people, with him working remotely from WI.

1.Should we set this up as LLC as our goal is to limit risk for us?
2.If we set this up as LLC, what are all the steps we should do to deal with multiple states?
3.How can we move the head office from Minnesota to Illinois and what do we have to do paperwork wise if we Minnesota as headquarters for 6 months right now?

If there is an affordable expert(lawyers or similar resources) that you would recommend for us to use that can deal with these 3 states, please let us know aswell.

Any advice from experts is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">