• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

8th Amendment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doublecrossed74

Oregon

QUOTE=doublecrossed74;2946422]Oregon,

I was placed in a county jail cell with a man that has HEPC and an external colostomy bag. The guards would not move me, even after I voiced my concerns. As a matter of fact, they left the two of us in lockdown for three days and only let us out for one hour total! The guards would not give the gentleman any medical help, they gave him a garbage bag and tape-when his colostomy bag started to leak!! They told him to dump the contents down our sink! They only picked up his garbage, from taking care of himself once a day! I am APPALLED-I don't think the founding fathers, considered catching a deadly disease as part of my repayment to society, when they wrote the Constitution? Do You??[/QUOTE]

CdwJava

So ... what have you done about this?

Have you seen your doctor? Are you well?

Have you spoken to the jail administration? Made a complaint? Spoken to an attorney to see if there is any grounds for a suit?

ecmst12

If he's not bleeding on you or otherwise mingling his body fluids with yours, you are at no risk of contracting Hep C from merely sharing a room with him.

Oregon

I don't think the founding fathers, considered catching a deadly disease as part of my repayment to society, when they wrote the Constitution? Do You??
[/QUOTE]

And what disease did you get? Sharing a cell with anyone may involve the same issues -- just not as apparent.

Antigone*

Oregon

I was placed in a county jail cell with a man that has HEPC and an external colostomy bag. The guards would not move me, even after I voiced my concerns. As a matter of fact, they left the two of us in lockdown for three days and only let us out for one hour total! The guards would not give the gentleman any medical help, they gave him a garbage bag and tape-when his colostomy bag started to leak!! They told him to dump the contents down our sink! They only picked up his garbage, from taking care of himself once a day! I am APPALLED-I don't think the founding fathers, considered catching a deadly disease as part of my repayment to society, when they wrote the Constitution? Do You??
[/QUOTE]

My opinion is if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

My opinion is if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.[/QUOTE]

He never said he was convicted of any crime, just that he was put into a cell.

If the bag is leaking I think the OP has a good complaint ...

Antigone*

My opinion is if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
He never said he was convicted of any crime, just that he was put into a cell.

If the bag is leaking I think the OP has a good complaint ...[/QUOTE]

He spent time in a cell because he was a saint, right:rolleyes:.

The leaking on its own is not dangerous. It certainly is not pleasant, but unless he comes in contact with the bodily fluids there is no danger.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">