• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Corporation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark1212

What is the name of your state (California)l?

Hi can someone help me?

I am 1 of 4 owners at a corporation in California. Unfortunately due to personal reasons I am unable to go into the office every day. I would like someone to be my voice there acting as my agent. This person would have the job duties I would have and would communicate with me daily and meet with me daily, but not in the office because I am unable to be there. I would like this person to be acting on my behalf until my situation changes. Is this possible and what documents would I need to sign and what is the title I would give this person.

thanks

mark1212

Yes I would be hiring this person but I wasn't sure what the exact title would be to hire them under. Acting agent for owner? I don't think there is a job title like that correct? Also I don't want the other owners to disrespect the person I hire because they are not me and don't see the person I hire as an extension of me, so I thought there would be something I could do too ensure that the person I hire is protected in that way.

FlyingRon

Yes I would be hiring this person but I wasn't sure what the exact title would be to hire them under. Acting agent for owner? I don't think there is a job title like that correct? Also I don't want the other owners to disrespect the person I hire because they are not me and don't see the person I hire as an extension of me, so I thought there would be something I could do too ensure that the person I hire is protected in that way.
Give them whatever title you want. As far as conducting the business they don't really need one. You can work that out with them. You should already have a registered agent (it might be you) that any LAWSUITS would be directed to. But, for day to day business, you can call them what you like.

I might suggest that there is information available to you as a small business owner that will help with educating you on running a business. You might start at the public library or here: http://www.csba.com/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">