• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I make a service where People pay me to print their Facebook walls and bind them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amalf23

yes exactly. I plan on making basically book copies of peoples social media so they can have it forever. do you think it is legal?

FlyingRon

It would infringe on the copyrights of those who wrote on the wall and possibly some of Facebooks. Just because I grant license to facebook to use my writings doesn't mean you get to use them (though they could authorize it).

amalf23

well the person buying the page would be authorizing me to print their wall and every ones writings on it. they already have everything on the wall im just printing them. what if i did something like "by accepting this you agree it is for you and you only" or something like that? do you think that would work?

Proserpina

well the person buying the page would be authorizing me to print their wall and every ones writings on it. they already have everything on the wall im just printing them. what if i did something like "by accepting this you agree it is for you and you only" or something like that? do you think that would work?

Are you going to get permission from every single person who writes on your customer's page?

Or are you going to go through the hassle of redacting everyone else's name?

davew128

yes exactly. I plan on making basically book copies of peoples social media so they can have it forever. do you think it is legal?
It is, but I personally know someone who has already published software that does exactly that. Yours is NOT a new idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">