• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

anyone know about PCB contamination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephaniesm2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi. I was contaminated as a child at my elementary school. I caught the statute of limitations by just a couple of months, but other people weren't so lucky. Myself and my son are the only people in the lawsuit. I have found people with problems, but they missed the statute of limitations deadline.

I ahve had surgery 5 different times due to this contamination. My son has seizures and sees a therapist for problems with his small motor function. The school system knew it was in the water and tried to hide it for 6 months before it came out to the public that this chemical was there. Once they caught wind about my suit they filed the claim on their insurance they have now, so they don't qualify for government immunity anymore.

Is there any precedence for a 2 person PCB contamination case? Or does anyone have any information about them at all? How much could I be entitled to?

Immunity likely would not have helped them anyway 'cause you just sue the officials personally for the coverup.

It's not a class action suit ... so it would proceed like a regular lawsuit.

To hard to tell about possible damages -- its really to venue sensitive

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

Hi. I was contaminated as a child at my elementary school. I caught the statute of limitations by just a couple of months, but other people weren't so lucky. Myself and my son are the only people in the lawsuit. I have found people with problems, but they missed the statute of limitations deadline.

I ahve had surgery 5 different times due to this contamination. My son has seizures and sees a therapist for problems with his small motor function. The school system knew it was in the water and tried to hide it for 6 months before it came out to the public that this chemical was there. Once they caught wind about my suit they filed the claim on their insurance they have now, so they don't qualify for government immunity anymore.

Is there any precedence for a 2 person PCB contamination case? Or does anyone have any information about them at all? How much could I be entitled to?
**A: a 2 person case could be a class action type.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">