• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Commercial Use

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MikeAsh

What is non-commercial use?

I want to use a photo for my website but it says that I can only use the photo for a non-commerical use. What does that mean?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is non-commercial use?

I want to use a photo for my website but it says that I can only use the photo for a non-commerical use. What does that mean?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Are you putting up a web site to share family photos? Or, maybe, a newsletter for your family and friends to find out what you've been up to?

What is the purpose of your web site?

MikeAsh

Website Purpose

The website explains how to build different projects. The photos are going to be used along with directions for users to follow so that they can build the projects themselves.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The website explains how to build different projects. The photos are going to be used along with directions for users to follow so that they can build the projects themselves.
The link is note allowed - please remove it.

With that said, it seems that you are not making a "non-commercial" site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">