• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal information available to public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

T8L5C2

Hello from Florida. I’m not sure if I posted this question in the right spot, but since it’s dealing with small claims, I thought this would be best. I’m trying to find out what personal information is public. I’ve had papers served twice now for small claims, out-of-state, with no luck. The defendant keeps moving. The word I received from the last server is that the defendant has now moved to FL and is working and going to school in Orlando. I assume that he will apply for a FL drivers license so course rates will go down. He has never had a mailing address in his name, so that makes it difficult. The information I already know about him is: full name, birth date, Vin number and part of his social security number. I’m wondering if college information if public, if a student is enrolled, or if I may find out if he has applied for a FL drivers license and what the address is he is using. I’m hoping to be able to get another address so he can then be severed again. Needless to say the court house hasn’t been very helpful with suggestions. Thanks so much, any advice will help greatly. TLC

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Both school enrollment, and driver's license information, are not available to the general public. You're going to have to use other methods to locate the defendant.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">