• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bookkeeping business, what licenses do I need?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington.
I am going to start a home-based bookkeeping business and I will be offering bookkeeping, payroll, light accounting, data entry, document creation and income tax services. I live outside of the city limits and am in county jurisdiction. I need to know what types of business license(s) I need. :confused:

racer72

If you don't know, you are not ready to run your own business. Get a job working for someone else and learn the business inside and out. Take a college class or two on running a small business. Have a talk with a local attorney about local laws and regulations. Develop a business plan. When you can answer your question without relying on a group of total strangers, you are ready to start your own business. Also, the laws can very county to county, you also need to figure this into your business plan too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">