• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Account for Non-USA Resident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gwiw2011

Can anyone tell me if I can get a lawyer to open a USA bank account for me as i am a non-resident and would like to open a USA bank account.

I have read and tried contacting the US banks directly, but was told I would have to go in person. I have also been told to see if I can get a lawyer open the US account for me.

Is this a possible method and how much will it cost?

Appreciate any help anyone can provide on this matter as well as any legitimate contacts that will product results!

Thanks

Last edited:

Antigone*

Can anyone tell me if I can get a lawyer to open a USA bank account for me as i am a non-resident and would like to open a USA bank account.

I have read and tried contacting the US banks directly, but was told I would have to go in person. I have also been told to see if I can get a lawyer open the US account for me.

Is this a possible method and how much will it cost?

Appreciate any help anyone can provide on this matter as well as any legitimate contacts that will product results!

Thanks
Banks have to comply with U.S. Patriot Act provisions. It is highly unlikely that a bank will open an account if the account owner is not able to satisfy all the know-your-customer requirements Stateside.

If you had a relationship with a wealth manager already in the U.S., then my answer may be different, but POA from an attorney alone is not going to help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">