• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Witnesses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sandimeadows

If a take a contractor to civil court to recovery monies paid for horrible home repairs do I need actual witness or just make sure I have pictures, paperwork, receipts, etc in order? I am ready for a very good presentation. If I need ACTUAL witnesses, in what area? The pictures speak VOLUMES!Can My AMOUNT asking is the AMOUNT it will take to repair the problems he left and supplies we need to repurchase or just the AMOUNT we paid him?

JETX

If you feel that your case can be made purely on the evidence that you have, then you can certainly proceed without them.

However, if you feel that your case would be enhanced or better presented with witnesses, then you should make arrangements to present them.

Without seeing your entire case, there is no way that anyone on this forum can tell you whether you need witnesses or not. That is one of the many considerations made by lawyers everyday, "Is my case solid enough to convince the court or jury?".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">