• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Image alteration company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlove024

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I'd like to start my own business on the side consisting of image alteration and repair services. My main concern is copyrights.

Let's start by creating a fake client. A campground contacts me stating that they have added a road and are in need of an updated camp map. They email me the original and I open it in Photoshop. I notice on the bottom right corner of the image "Copyright Camp Images Inc." Am I able to change this image without contacting the original artist? What if I changed it and there was no copyright printed on the image?

I will be dealing with clients in different states and/or countries. Does this change the way I am legally able to alter previously created images?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">