• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to Farm Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tstubbins

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I am a farmer and need to build a barn to store my crops in. The township denied my request for a variance to build the barn. I want to know if the michigan Right To Farm Act overrides township zoning? Can I build my barn without the variance.

Last edited:

Dillon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I am a farmer and need to build a barn to store my crops in. The township denied my request for a variance to build the barn. I want to know if the michigan Right To Farm Act overrides township zoning? Can I build my barn without the variance.

according to the 9th amemdent of the u.s. constitution rights cant be disparaged (reduced or converted to a privilege), if anyone at anytime ever had a right to build a barn on their private property without government permission, they still have that right.

Maxims of Law from Bouvier's 1856 Law and Blacks Law 4th Dictionaries -

An established principle or proposition. A principle of law universally admitted, as being just and consonant With reason.

here are a couple of great law maxims to think about:

He who receives the benefit should also bear the disadvantage

or

He who would volunteer can't claim a damage.

----------

if me, I'd waive the benefit of voluntarily applying for this township's building permit, but thats me.

----------

you dont have to be a lawyer, to know the law.

any constitutional lawyer can tell you that, Applying for, or Recieving any government benefit or permit is deemed a privilege.

------------

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">