• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas OAG Child Supt Div Will Not Respond and Fix Their Error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dragonlancer

I need to give some background. In 2007 I was divorced and my son came to live with me and there was no child support order. He lived with me for the next 3 years and decided the grass was greener and in 2010 he went live with his mother. During the 3 years she did not pay child support nor did I pursue her for such. I would say 5 or 6 months after my son went to live with her she sued for child support. There was a temporary order put in place in December of 2011. I began paying according to the temporary order. The order was never finalized and was dismissed by the judge in April 2011. The reason for the dismissal was that my ex-wife nor her attorney responded to the courts request for a hearing to make the order final. Their motion for reinstatement was denied by the same judge. Since the dismissal I have been sending money as I can "voluntarily" to my ex-wife along with paying his medical, dental and vision insurance and 50% of all medical receipts. These payments have been showing online at the Texas OAG as "voluntary" payments. A few weeks ago I logged in and they now say I owe an arrears of around $9000 and it is in the enforcement stage and all voluntary payments are now flagged as "payments" on the arrears. I contacted the Plano, TX local office and spoke with an agent about this. She looked at the court system and downloaded the dismissal and pertaining documents. To this day I have not heard back from them. I have not had a response to my emails, voice mails, etc. They have also sent out a withholding order to my employer and a demand that my son be enrolled in a health plan with my employer even though I have a BCBS health plan for him already and have had this for years. How do I force the Texas Attorney General Office Child Support Division to fix this error and if they refuse how would I go about legal action?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">