• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fairness in Business Voting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanrenee1

I am a member of a (4) member LLC in Missouri. Two of the members are father and son, and a third member is a family friend of the son. I am the 4th memeber without family ties. I have suggested that the voting rights in the operating agreement be by unanimous vote, instead of majority rule, because of (3) of the (4) members having such close family ties. The other members want majority rule. What is the most appropriate and fair way to set this up.

Antigone*

I am a member of a (4) member LLC in Missouri. Two of the members are father and son, and a third member is a family friend of the son. I am the 4th memeber without family ties. I have suggested that the voting rights in the operating agreement be by unanimous vote, instead of majority rule, because of (3) of the (4) members having such close family ties. The other members want majority rule. What is the most appropriate and fair way to set this up.
You can possibly tie the hands of the business with a unanimous vote. Majority rules is approved.

Last edited:

tranquility

I would never agree to be associated with an entity that required agreement of all parties to take action. Why waste my time on something sure to fail?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">