• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex keeps serving me regarding child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rupnarain

San Antonio, TX

My Ex keeps taking me to court regarding my son. My son loves his father but his wife has a hate for him and does everything in her power to make him miserable while he's visiting..to the point where my son called me on one of his weekends there to come pick him up. I immediately went to get him and he had to 'escape' from the doggie door because she had left and had the alarm on so he couldn't even open the door. He is 14 and does not want to go over there ever again. His father has now served me with papers stating I am in contempt because it says I live with a sex offender (ridiculous, I am living with my mother and she is not, nor has she ever been a sex offender...if I weren't so mad I'd find it humorous. ) He also states I am in contempt because I hadn't turned in the affidavit for arrearages. This originated from the attorney general, not me. I never said he owed me money. I did turn it in and informed him I did. Of course, he wants me to pay his attorney fees. Can I represent myself in something like this. He isn't even worried that my son doesn't want to go over there because of his wife. In June, he was in contempt because he took him to florida without my consent and left him there for a week while he and his wife vacationed. Thanks in advance for any advice

Proserpina

San Antonio, TX

My Ex keeps taking me to court regarding my son. My son loves his father but his wife has a hate for him and does everything in her power to make him miserable while he's visiting..to the point where my son called me on one of his weekends there to come pick him up. I immediately went to get him and he had to 'escape' from the doggie door because she had left and had the alarm on so he couldn't even open the door.

Is there a valid reason why your 14 year old cannot be left alone on occasion?

Why did you have to go and get him?

mistoffolees

San Antonio, TX

My Ex keeps taking me to court regarding my son. My son loves his father but his wife has a hate for him and does everything in her power to make him miserable while he's visiting..to the point where my son called me on one of his weekends there to come pick him up. I immediately went to get him and he had to 'escape' from the doggie door because she had left and had the alarm on so he couldn't even open the door. He is 14 and does not want to go over there ever again. His father has now served me with papers stating I am in contempt because it says I live with a sex offender (ridiculous, I am living with my mother and she is not, nor has she ever been a sex offender...if I weren't so mad I'd find it humorous. ) He also states I am in contempt because I hadn't turned in the affidavit for arrearages. This originated from the attorney general, not me. I never said he owed me money. I did turn it in and informed him I did. Of course, he wants me to pay his attorney fees. Can I represent myself in something like this. He isn't even worried that my son doesn't want to go over there because of his wife. In June, he was in contempt because he took him to florida without my consent and left him there for a week while he and his wife vacationed. Thanks in advance for any advice
You can represent yourself in any legal action. Whether you SHOULD is a different matter.

BTW, while I'm not going to comment on the other contempt charges, you appear to be in contempt for picking up the child on Dad's time. You have no right to do that - no matter how much the child calls and complains about being bored. You should not be interfering with Dad's visitation time for anything less than a full-blown life and death emergency.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Additionally, if you allow your child to choose not to go for ordered visitation? It is very likely you will be found on contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">