• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Options on Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ToddFTaylor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Alabama
I am a father of two a daughter which is in college and is 21 years of age. I have a son that is 18 years of age. according to my divorce papers I am to pay child support until they reach the age of 19. I have continued to pay for my daughter, because she is in college. She has her own apartment and part time employement. My son has moved in with me due to problems in the home with his mother. I am still paying child support to their mother even tho they do not live with her. What are my options to discontinue child support?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Alabama
I am a father of two a daughter which is in college and is 21 years of age. I have a son that is 18 years of age. according to my divorce papers I am to pay child support until they reach the age of 19. I have continued to pay for my daughter, because she is in college. She has her own apartment and part time employement. My son has moved in with me due to problems in the home with his mother. I am still paying child support to their mother even tho they do not live with her. What are my options to discontinue child support?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You can file to modify based upon neither child living with Mom.

ToddFTaylor

When my son moved in with my wife and I. His mother told him to get his things and leave the key. It was storming and late in the evening and on a school night. He went back the next day after school and she had changed the locks. He has not be able to get any of his personal belongs that he and I purchased for him.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What does that have to do with child support?

You have an order to pay support. Until the court changes that, you have to continue paying. For that, you have to file for it to be stopped.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">