• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I turn my website into a business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

noobstartup

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Hampshire

Hello, I am working on a niche based social networking site that allows users to interact for a subscription fee. How do I take this website, once its done, and turn it into a business that can operate legally? I have already created an LLC under my name and that of a partners. I have also bought a domain name, but under my name, not the LLC. What legal work do I need to take care of before I can operate?

Thanks!

noobstartup

The idea of the website is to target a small niche. Most of the website is free, but some options will require a paying membership. While much of the functionality is the same as many of the website are out there, we do have some unique functionality. Ultimately, we are trying to focus more on the audience. Our research has show there are some "untapped" niches, so why not focus on those?

FlyingRon

What makes you think you need an LLC? You can operate under a corporate (or LLC) entity name or you can use yourself as a sole proprietor (possibly using a registered fictitious name).

You can transfer the domain or not at your convenience. This is not a legal question. I in fact own the domains that are ancillary to a major NYSE traded corporation in my name. They just give me the $20 I need to keep the registrations going.

Most of your issues aren't legal ones. You should see if there is some small business assistance in your area. Often public libraries can give you pointers on where to look first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">