• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

process for changing business address in new york?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dashatron

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I want to file a DBA for a sole proprietorship in Brooklyn. The required form (Blumberg X201) asks for residence address and address of doing business - a copy of this form needs to hang where you do business, and another you need for opening a business bank account.

My problem is that I plan to move soon, and I wonder what the process is for officially changing the address of the business. I can't find this information anywhere online. One of my concerns is - will I have to file all over again? And pay another $120 just a few months from now?

Or is address not all that crucial, and even if I move 1 month from now, I can change the address on my bank account without changing the certificate?

Please advise!!! Thank you so much!!!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">