• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sampling Music

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RonenA

I am writing a mixtape that uses samples of other artists. I have not obtained permission to use these samples. I will not be selling the mixtape, just posting online for free listening.

What is the worst that could happen as a result of these copyright infringements?

Proserpina

I am writing a mixtape that uses samples of other artists. I have not obtained permission to use these samples. I will not be selling the mixtape, just posting online for free listening.

What is the worst that could happen as a result of these copyright infringements?

Assuming you're in the US, you can be sued for lots of money.

It doesn't matter whether or not you're gaining anything financially - simply distributing the copyrighted material can sustain a lawsuit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">