• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling Edible Items Online in Oklahoma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kenmhic

I'm a cake decorator in Oklahoma looking to take my talent to the next level. I have access to a commercial kitchen owned by my mother. I'm considering opening an online shop on Etsy.com selling pre-made fondant (sugar-paste) decorations to be used as cake and cupcake toppers. I plan on including information on my site suggesting that the items are to be used for decoration purposes only even though the material I'll be using is an edible product that may or may not be shipped with food-safe packaging. The material used to manufacture the items will be a commercial-grade store-bought product. Legally, what steps do I need to take in order to get started with both the online business and with starting to sell my cakes locally? Do I need a food handler's license? Do I need a business license even though I've been operating out of my mother's shop? Any advice would be appreciated. OKLAHOMAWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">