• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Miranda rights and poor treatment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dris57

College Drinking Incident:Need Help Fast>>>>Possible violation of rights>>>>

akron,ohio i am a 19 yr. old college student. i was arrested at my fraternity house where i live. i was caught on the front porch for possesion of alcohol. i had a cup of beer in my hand. they took a sample and i don't contest the possesion. i am contesting the way i was treated. the undercover cops took my info and took me out to the road where a van and a uniformed officer were waiting. they searched me, took a picture and cuffed me and put me in the back of the van. i was never read my mirand a rights the whole time. when i arrived at the station i was not allowed to make a phone call for 3 hrs. when i asked they told me i wach too many movies. i heard them say they would have too many parents down there if they let the may day kids make calls. i was the only may day kid held all day. They also told me i might be there till 3 in the morning. they kept me there for 5 hrs before i was released. i was held from 1 to 6. i was wondering if there is anything i can do?

calatty

The police only have to read you your rights before they interrogate you. It does not appear that the police did anything unlawful in your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">