• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

childs father is in jail.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ambales88

im live in missouri my child will be turning 2 in a couple weeks. i have never gotten child support from him. i havent filed but i am looking to do so now. He is currently in jail. i was wondering what should i do?

Antigone*

im live in missouri my child will be turning 2 in a couple weeks. i have never gotten child support from him. i havent filed but i am looking to do so now. He is currently in jail. i was wondering what should i do?
You cannot complain that you have not received child support when you have not filed for it.

No sense in filing now, he has not job. File when he gets out of jail.

ambales88

oh im not complaining that i havent gotten any child support. im just confused on what i should do. i cant afford a lawyer and i would like her father out of her life. he has done nothing for her the past 2 years. his parents are there for me and her and have been very supportive... im just wanting him out of her life. he has another child by a different woman, all im looking to do is to make him pay for it and wanted to do something about it before this other woman does.

Silverplum

oh im not complaining that i havent gotten any child support. im just confused on what i should do. i cant afford a lawyer and i would like her father out of her life. he has done nothing for her the past 2 years.
And filing for CS is going to take him out of her life?

Purely illogical, don'tcha think?

ambales88 said:
his parents are there for me and her and have been very supportive... im just wanting him out of her life.
Yes, do make that quite clear.

ambales88 said:
he has another child by a different woman, all im looking to do is to make him pay for it
How?
What does he make in prison, like .20 cents an hour?

Go for it.

ambales88 said:
and wanted to do something about it before this other woman does.
You both could share in the riches provided at .20 cents/hr.

mistoffolees

oh im not complaining that i havent gotten any child support. im just confused on what i should do. i cant afford a lawyer and i would like her father out of her life. he has done nothing for her the past 2 years. his parents are there for me and her and have been very supportive... im just wanting him out of her life. he has another child by a different woman, all im looking to do is to make him pay for it and wanted to do something about it before this other woman does.
I always wonder about these posts. Dad hasn't in the child's life for 2 years. Mom says she doesn't want the support. Dad is now in jail - so he CAN'T see the child.

So why in the world is Mom making an issue now? If she does absolutely nothing, Dad will not see the child. Even after he's out of jail, if history is any guide, he probably won't see the child. So what does Mom hope to gain if it's not about the money?

(Yes, I know the answer. Mom doesn't really want the money - she just wants to make sure the new bedwarmer doesn't get any. :rolleyes:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">