• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If i give up my father rights do I STILL HAVE TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandyclaus

<SIGH> Another winner who thinks that simply terminating their parental rights will get them out of paying child support.

If it were that easy, EVERYONE would be doing it.

Proserpina

<SIGH> Another winner who thinks that simply terminating their parental rights will get them out of paying child support.

And really - doesn't anyone use the darned search function anymore? This question has been asked and answered at least a gazillioneleventytwelvethousand times.

Le sigh.

sandyclaus

And really - doesn't anyone use the darned search function anymore? This question has been asked and answered at least a gazillioneleventytwelvethousand times.

Le sigh.
I have just one thing to say about that... Garlic mashed potatoes as finger food. :D

nextwife

Actually, that is exactly what my daughter's biomom did two days after kiddo was born. She gave up her rights at the "baby home" and had no further support responsibility, ever. That however, was not under US Law.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Actually, that is exactly what my daughter's biomom did two days after kiddo was born. She gave up her rights at the "baby home" and had no further support responsibility, ever. That however, was not under US Law.
Facepalm *Sorry, nextie... but why then, if its not US Law, is this even relevant to this forum? :p

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Good grief people. IF YOU HAVE SEX TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. If you dont' want to take responsibility DO NOT HAVE SEX.

Seriously. If you want the pleasure without the responsibility, MASTURBATE.

nextwife

I was just pointing out that it is NOT incomprehensable that some people may have heard that a parent can choose to give up parental rights and not pay CS.

My nephew's biomom (and eventually biodad) In California did the same thing. US Law. So there are parents in the US and elsewhere who give up their parental rights and don't pay CS. The question was a short one line question, and yes, there are specific scenarios in which it can occur.

Good grief people. IF YOU HAVE SEX TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. If you dont' want to take responsibility DO NOT HAVE SEX.

Seriously. If you want the pleasure without the responsibility, MASTURBATE.
Vasectomy worked for me. Well, it did after the doctor did it a SECOND time.:eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Vasectomy worked for me. Well, it did after the doctor did it a SECOND time.:eek:
And even vasectomies are only 99.9% .. as are tubal ligation. The only thing 100% is celibacy or self stimulation (i.e. masturbation).

I think I am going to have to start a PRO MASTURBATION Movement.

nextwife

And even vasectomies are only 99.9% .. as are tubal ligation. The only thing 100% is celibacy or self stimulation (i.e. masturbation).

I think I am going to have to start a PRO MASTURBATION Movement.
Menopause also works nicely.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">