• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support if child is in a foreign exchange program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rengel

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I share custody of my daughter who will be traveling to a foreign country for 6 months. Recently, physical custody changed from a 50-50 split to a 75-25 split and thus I am paying my x wife a significant increase, per the dissomaster. I provide health insurance and we share all expenses 50-50. I also pay my x-wife alimony. Should I return to the 50-50 dissomaster support amount or is there a reduction since my daughter will not be living in my x wife's home? We also have an agreement to split education fees.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I share custody of my daughter who will be traveling to a foreign country for 6 months. Recently, physical custody changed from a 50-50 split to a 75-25 split and thus I am paying my x wife a significant increase, per the dissomaster. I provide health insurance and we share all expenses 50-50. I also pay my x-wife alimony. Should I return to the 50-50 dissomaster support amount or is there a reduction since my daughter will not be living in my x wife's home? We also have an agreement to split education fees.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You can't unilaterally change the child support amount. You could try to get it changed, but you probably won't get a hearing until after the trip is over, so it's probably a lot of effort and expense for nothing.

Who's paying for the trip?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">