• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will he be ordered to pay when divorced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am going to divorce my husband and we have a 2 month old. He does not have a job and can not get one do to his record and lack of trying. I get along with him but hope he moves to Alabama. He has very little to do with our child and don't care if he pays child support. My question is will he be forced to pay child support when we divorce? I don't want him to go to jail for I don't hate him I just want him to get his SSI and move back to Alabama and don't want him to go to jail for failure to pay. Thank you.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am going to divorce my husband and we have a 2 month old. He does not have a job and can not get one do to his record and lack of trying. I get along with him but hope he moves to Alabama. He has very little to do with our child and don't care if he pays child support. My question is will he be forced to pay child support when we divorce? I don't want him to go to jail for I don't hate him I just want him to get his SSI and move back to Alabama and don't want him to go to jail for failure to pay. Thank you.

Why exactly do you want him to move away?

You don't have to file for child support.

Heather2

Why exactly do you want him to move away?

You don't have to file for child support.
Because there he doesn't have a record and his parents and brothers live there. He does not seem to want to be a father and my daughter will be better off without him. Texas screwed his case up and I doubt he will ever be a good father.

Proserpina

Because there he doesn't have a record and his parents and brothers live there. He does not seem to want to be a father and my daughter will be better off without him. Texas screwed his case up and I doubt he will ever be a good father.

Okey dokey then.

Again, you don't have to file for child support.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I doubt he will ever be a good father.
So... what happenned over the course of the past 11 mos to make you think that? Because you apparently thought he was terrific Daddy material at that point...

Additionally... your posting h/x seems to indicate that you have a history of choosing poorly when it comes to your partners. Or maybe it's all the same guy... hard to tell. Additionally... you had at least one thread where you posted as your husband... or maybe it was him. We strongly discourage people sharing an account as it confuses things greatly.

Heather2

So... what happenned over the course of the past 11 mos to make you think that? Because you apparently thought he was terrific Daddy material at that point...

Additionally... your posting h/x seems to indicate that you have a history of choosing poorly when it comes to your partners. Or maybe it's all the same guy... hard to tell. Additionally... you had at least one thread where you posted as your husband... or maybe it was him. We strongly discourage people sharing an account as it confuses things greatly.
He showed his true colors when she was born. It is the same person. He wasn't like this 3 years ago when we marred. He knows nothing about this site or laws so I tried to help him. I'm done helping him with his problems and just want what is best for my daughter and me.

mistoffolees

Okey dokey then.

Again, you don't have to file for child support.
HOWEVER, if OP ever receives aid from the state (welfare, food stamps, medicaid, etc), the state can go after Dad to collect support. If that happens, it will be entirely out of OP's hands.

Heather2

HOWEVER, if OP ever receives aid from the state (welfare, food stamps, medicaid, etc), the state can go after Dad to collect support. If that happens, it will be entirely out of OP's hands.
I do get gov't aid. I kinda hope they do enforce it. Maybe he will give up his rights to her if it means he doesn't have to pay child support.

mistoffolees

I do get gov't aid. I kinda hope they do enforce it. Maybe he will give up his rights to her if it means he doesn't have to pay child support.
Nope. If you're getting aid from the state, they're going to go after Dad.

He's going to need to find a job - or face possible jail time.

Heather2

Nope. If you're getting aid from the state, they're going to go after Dad.

He's going to need to find a job - or face possible jail time.
He's not going to get a job and he had to reapply for SSI so it could be years before he gets it. I don't care about his money I will spend every penny I have on her before anything else and her grandparents will always be there for her so she will never go without what she needs. If he gives up his rights (which is what I want) will he then get out of paying child support?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
He's not going to get a job and he had to reapply for SSI so it could be years before he gets it. I don't care about his money I will spend every penny I have on her before anything else and her grandparents will always be there for her so she will never go without what she needs. If he gives up his rights (which is what I want) will he then get out of paying child support?
Not going to happen.

Don't ever file for it or go on state aid. :cool:

meanyjack

Then I would strongly suggest getting off the taxpayer's back and DROP the state aid.

It sounds to me that OP passive aggressively does not mind if her husband/father of her child is ordered to pay child support. She does not want to be the one to file it against him.

OP needs to understand that when she says declares "I will spend every penny I have on her " that means money she has - not assistance, which is tax payer money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">