• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CS Change - Maternity Leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Should the amount of child support be modified as a result of the parent paying the support taking 2 months off for maternity leave?

The parent paying support is claiming she will have no income during those two months and should not have to continue paying CS.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Antigone*

Should the amount of child support be modified as a result of the parent paying the support taking 2 months off for maternity leave?

The parent paying support is claiming she will have no income during those two months and should not have to continue paying CS.

I don't think a judge would go for that. I'd let her claim whatever she wants to claim, she is still bound by the court order that is currently in place.

Thanks for the quick response.

I am submitting my responsive paperwork today. She failed to include her tax returns with her income and expense declaration so I am sending her attorney requesting that information.

Is there anything I can do if she refuses to sumbit her prior year's tax returns?

mistoffolees

Thanks for the quick response.

I am submitting my responsive paperwork today. She failed to include her tax returns with her income and expense declaration so I am sending her attorney requesting that information.

Is there anything I can do if she refuses to sumbit her prior year's tax returns?
If it has been subpoenaed and she does not provide it, file for contempt.

tuffbrk

I would also think that at a minimum she would get short term disability from the state? Seniors that know better than I will assuredly post their comments.

mistoffolees

Nope. Unless someone held a gun to Mom's head and forced her to get (and remain) pregnant, it's voluntary unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">