• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbarnes123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?,new york,

This makes no sense bcz i the lawyer gave me a paper saying that being i make 34000 a year, one child should get around 5700 yearly. if i have 4 children then i am entitles to pay 10700 each year. so wouldnt that 10700 be divided between the 4 chiildren??

Last edited:

Silverplum

If i have 4 children in all, 1 from my first wife and the other 3 from my second wife. say i go through child support, will the money be divided equally among the 4 children?
Not likely.

LdiJ

If i have 4 children in all, 1 from my first wife and the other 3 from my second wife. say i go through child support, will the money be divided equally among the 4 children?
The way that it usually works is that the first support ordered remains the same, and the second order made is calculated based on your total income minus the amount of child support paid in the first order.

Silverplum

From your 3rd thread posted today:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ny

this make no sense because the lawyer gave me a paper stating if i make 34000 a year i pay around 5700 annually for 1 child. If i have 4 children in all, i am entitled to pay around 10,700. shouldnt the 10700 be divided among the 4 children?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">