• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exboyfriend ruined my finances

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

swety21

i live in pennsylvania, my exboyfriend and i lived in an apartment together for about a year. He decided to stop paying rent and leave it all on me. i couldn't pay the entire amount, so i decided to not pay as well. Since then both now have to pay half of the backed rent. meanwhile, all of the bills where in my name, such as the phone bill and the utility bill. i have two phone bills on my credit report each worth about $200, this is because of long distance or 'extras' (i.e. call waiting, caller ID, etc.) and the utility bill was in my name as well, which is about $1000, because it was never once paid. I also have credit cards that he ran up by buying things like a fish tank that i was stuck with and just got rid of it, with no money handed back to me. Is there any way that i can get half of my money back from at least the phone bills and the utility bill? He is at the point of claiming bankruptcy and does not care about his credit, but i do. What can i do? Please help me, i do not want to be paying these bills on my own for the next 5 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">