• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International edition textbook lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unlimited111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I am suited by a textbook publisher regrading international edition textbook.

I have read through all the forum about this issue but seems like the only choice I have now is to hire an attorney to deal with this matter. If someone can tell me what to do at this point and what are my alternatives?

If you are an attorney experienced this type of case please contact me.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I am suited by a textbook publisher regrading international edition textbook.

I have read through all the forum about this issue but seems like the only choice I have now is to hire an attorney to deal with this matter. If someone can tell me what to do at this point and what are my alternatives?

If you are an attorney experienced this type of case please contact me.
An attorney is not goig to contact you based on this post. If you want to retain an attorney, click on the link that say "find an attorney." Expect to pay for their services.

unlimited111

Yes, I am being sued. They didn't even bother to threaten me just sent me the lawsuit paper. I guess my question is other than finding a lawyer to deal with this are there other alternatives? And if no, how can I find a good and experienced lawyer with a reasonable/fair cost?

Antigone*

Yes, I am being sued. They didn't even bother to threaten me just sent me the lawsuit paper. I guess my question is other than finding a lawyer to deal with this are there other alternatives? And if no, how can I find a good and experienced lawyer with a reasonable/fair cost?
What are you being accused of?

Antigone*

Make sure you are not being scammed. Check out the name of the attorney that sent you "lawsuit paper."

Something does not sound right.

ecmst12

That is not how you check out the attorney. You could start by googling the name and contacting the state bar where the suit was filed.

If you have been sued, the only SMART thing to do is hire an attorney. Especially when you don't even really understand what's going on. At a minimum, you need a consultation where a lawyer can read the papers and review the situation as a whole and give you an idea what your exposure is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">