• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desperate!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgcross2

Missouri,

Hello, My name is Justin Cross, I have posted on here once before with great help from everyone. I am very desperate for help. I will try and streamline this the best as I can. I was divorced in 2007, at the time of my divorce I was ordered to pay 717 dollars a month for 2 children for child support. This amount was based on Missouri's form 14. The form showed that I worked a full time job as a paramedic as well as a part-time job as a paramedic. I was not getting to see my kids enough because of the long hours so I decided to quit my part-time job, maintaining my full-time job. The bills began to pile up and I was struggling to pay child support. I took my part-time job back to help with the financial burden. My employer soon informed me that they were going to get rid of the part-time job I was in, my employer stated they wanted to fill it full-time and offered me the first chance. I took on that job full-time, I worked two full-time jobs for a year, the hours were killing me and my time with my children diminished more, I was working 120 hours a week. I decided that my children were more important and that I would just quit one of my full-time jobs. I did so knowing I was not going to be able to afford my child support. I contacted a lawyer in 2009 and he advised me we had a good case for modification and we proceeded. The judge in the case decided that I quit my second full-time job to get my child support lowered and that he believed I would go back to working the two full-time jobs after the court proceedings. He ordered me not only to maintain my one full-time job, but also set the child support to 1034 dollars and forced me to work two full-time jobs. The job I quit was no longer available, nor did I intend to go back full-time. I have never missed a child support payment and never been late. I lost everything, including my truck, my house, and my future wife and small child we had together. I was forced to move in with a family member and have them basically support me. The judge imputed income to an over employed person. Never heard of this. My problem is now that in the midst of losing everything I had I turned to drinking. Please no lectures, I have since quit and am fully aware of my horrible decisions and I am paying immensely for them. I drank all the time to forget about my problems. I was arrested twice for DUI and convicted and spent 5 days in jail. I lost my full-time job as a paramedic. I was able to gain another full-time job as a paramedic however. I am now unhirable by any other ambulance service in the state of Missouri because I have no driver's license. The only reason I got this job is because of a close personal friend. I am considering representing myself in a modification of my child support based on one full-time job. Do I have a chance? Every lawyer in my area agrees that I have been royally screwed by the judge, however, they do not feel comfortable in taking my case because it would have to be tried in front of the same judge that initially screwed me and the judge happens to be a devout morman and would not have any sympathy on me because I lost my majority of income due to a DUI. I am gainfully employed in my area of profession at a full-time level though. I don't know what to do. I cannot afford to even to buy food, I was just granted food stamps by the state of Missouri thank God. I cannot continue to live like this and I am extremely depressed and feel like there is no way out for me but to at least try and get a modification in my favor. Any tips, court cases about DUI and child support, anything would be helpful at this point. I am at a loss. Please and thank you in advance for any help. My two children I pay support on are 10 and 7. I cannot do this for another 12-13 years.

Justin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">