• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going to court AGAIN for CS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellieP

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO...My daughter is 20 now. CS has scheduled a court hearing again for past CS owed to her. My ques is...he is hiding in another state. I plan on taking his address which is his mothers house and her home and cell numbers. His parents have money, and I feel if the courts would call or send a letter to them they would finally pay it off and CS and I could wipe this guy off the records. Also, he has no liscense because he still owes money. Do they still put a warrant out for arrest in ohio for non compliance? I just wonder if they did and notified his parents of this would it be a violation of his privacy by law? Any real help is appreciated. I go on the 11th and wanted to know if I should bring this all up or would it look bad on my part. ty all for any help

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO...My daughter is 20 now. CS has scheduled a court hearing again for past CS owed to her. My ques is...he is hiding in another state. I plan on taking his address which is his mothers house and her home and cell numbers. His parents have money, and I feel if the courts would call or send a letter to them they would finally pay it off and CS and I could wipe this guy off the records. Also, he has no liscense because he still owes money. Do they still put a warrant out for arrest in ohio for non compliance? I just wonder if they did and notified his parents of this would it be a violation of his privacy by law? Any real help is appreciated. I go on the 11th and wanted to know if I should bring this all up or would it look bad on my part. ty all for any help
His parents are under NO obligation at all to pay his child support for him. The court is not going to contact them and ask them to do so, nor should you expect them to. Yes, it looks bad on your part.

(And, for the record, my ex owes me in excess of $150,000.00 for past child support and her parents have more than enough money to pay that. I would never expect it of them.)

shellieP

wasnt implying it was their responsibility. Just want this over with. He asked me to sign off of CS owed and he would sign paperwork that he owes me a personal loan. I refused this because he can file bankrupcy and it is wiped clean. The money is going to my daughter, not me. She is an adult and could use some help for medical reasons. Just wanted to know if anyone thought it would be inappropriate to bring this up in court.

mistoffolees

wasnt implying it was their responsibility. Just want this over with. He asked me to sign off of CS owed and he would sign paperwork that he owes me a personal loan. I refused this because he can file bankrupcy and it is wiped clean. The money is going to my daughter, not me. She is an adult and could use some help for medical reasons. Just wanted to know if anyone thought it would be inappropriate to bring this up in court.
Sounds like you're getting good advice. You are absolutely correct that converting CS to a personal loan would be a big mistake.

What you COULD do is agree to a payment plan for the CS - if that's what he's trying to accomplish.

As for your other questions, they COULD put out a warrant for his arrest, but that is very dependent on the judge and the circumstances. It would rarely happen until several contempt citations under any circumstances. if he already lost his license for non-payment, it's certainly a possibility. The way it normally works, though, is that they don't normally just haul him off to jail. Rather, they would tell him that he has to pay a certain amount within a short time period and he would go to jail if he fails to do so.

And Zig is correct - do not bring his parents into the situation at all.

shellieP

mistoffolees..thanks so much for advice. He's never going to pay and he wont even show up for court again. He left state to avoid issues. Its so sad that parents cant be there emotionally or financially for their kids. I agreed to any visitation, he never came. I agreed to 157 a month when everyone said i was stupid for doing this. Never wanted to get rich off of someone else, just wanted a little help. I always used what little ive gotten over the years to buy her something or for school clothes ets. Oh well....it is what it is i guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">