• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mnt0615

I reside in Florida.....I have been separated from my husband since April 2011, he has yet to give me 1 dime for child suuport, we have 2 kids (11 yr old and a 9 yr old) he claims that he shouldnt give me anything since he is not wrkng but he is currently receiving his GI Bill(about 2200.00 mnthly) and VA(247.00 mnthly)...does this count as income for child support?? i am still awaiting response from child support agency i was told it can take up to a year or even 2, i was assured he would pay back pay, but my concern is that he is not interested in gttng a real job jst to avoid paying it...pls advise:confused:

meanyjack

Your question has been asked about 8,284 times on this forum. Please do a search.

But, I'm sure someone will be nice about it and give you an answer for the _____ time.

LdiJ

I reside in Florida.....I have been separated from my husband since April 2011, he has yet to give me 1 dime for child suuport, we have 2 kids (11 yr old and a 9 yr old) he claims that he shouldnt give me anything since he is not wrkng but he is currently receiving his GI Bill(about 2200.00 mnthly) and VA(247.00 mnthly)...does this count as income for child support?? i am still awaiting response from child support agency i was told it can take up to a year or even 2, i was assured he would pay back pay, but my concern is that he is not interested in gttng a real job jst to avoid paying it...pls advise:confused:
He is not obligated to pay until there is a court order. However, yes, his GI bill income is included in the calculation...and even if it wasn't, he would be imputed an income.

mnt0615

Your question has been asked about 8,284 times on this forum. Please do a search.

But, I'm sure someone will be nice about it and give you an answer for the _____ time.

---i did see that similar questions have been asked and answered but i also know that it depends on the state, and that is as to why i had to ask.....

he claims that since its GI bill he doesnt need to give me anything from it and i dnt think its fair and since i even called the VA no one has ever given a specific answer, no one knows....

but i thank you for your reply....

mnt0615

He is not obligated to pay until there is a court order. However, yes, his GI bill income is included in the calculation...and even if it wasn't, he would be imputed an income.
----he laughs and says that he was granted that for his studies, the thing is that he is minority (hispanic) nd gets to pocket his GI bill fully, i know since we were together up until a year ago......i even told him i wldnt ask for bck pay but to understand that i needed the help....so i wasnt sure if FL does consider GI Bill as income....thanx

tuffbrk

Have you filed for divorce? Ask your attorney to file for child support or pendente lite support.

mnt0615

Have you filed for divorce? Ask your attorney to file for child support or pendente lite support.
---noi i have yet to file for divorce due to lack of extra money, u can only imagine how hard it is when u have a pre-teen and a soon to be 10 yr old.....but i am trying to do the simplified divorce since here in Fl they have the child support agency who handles that at no charge, i was told by a lawyer that they have better resources in obtaining child support than a private lawyer since he is gttng direct deposit straight from the government....the problem is that it takes too long so in the mean time im stuck alone wth all the expenses and responsibilities just cause i chose to end my marriage....i dnt get it....why men dnt think bout their kids well being more than a stupid grudge

Just Blue

---noi i have yet to file for divorce due to lack of extra money, u can only imagine how hard it is when u have a pre-teen and a soon to be 10 yr old.....but i am trying to do the simplified divorce since here in Fl they have the child support agency who handles that at no charge, i was told by a lawyer that they have better resources in obtaining child support than a private lawyer since he is gttng direct deposit straight from the government....the problem is that it takes too long so in the mean time im stuck alone wth all the expenses and responsibilities just cause i chose to end my marriage....i dnt get it....why men dnt think bout their kids well being more than a stupid grudge
Why are capitals, the word "you" and vaguely proper punctuation not in your ability to post?:confused:

mnt0615

Why are capitals, the word "you" and vaguely proper punctuation not in your ability to post?:confused:
----I'm sorry, I am at work and I'm trying to write quick....I really didn't think it'd be an issue :(

I'm just trying to get a heads up of what is coming, I feel frustrated with this situation. It's been almost 9 months that I get no help.

Just Blue

----I'm sorry, I am at work and I'm trying to write quick....I really didn't think it'd be an issue :(

I'm just trying to get a heads up of what is coming, I feel frustrated with this situation. It's been almost 9 months that I get no help.
Pretend that you are writing a motion that will be view by the Judge while posting here. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">